The Social Assistance Directorate of Targu Mures is the structure specialized in the administration and granting of social assistance benefits and social services, established by HCL no. 222/30.08.2018 on the approval of the reorganization of the Public Service of Social Assistance Târgu Mureș into the Directorate of Social Assistance Târgu Mureș, with legal personality, the corresponding modification of the organizational structure, the approval of the organization chart, the number of staff and the state of functions, under the subordination of the Local Council of the Municipality of Târgu Mureș, as a social assistance directorate, hereinafter referred to as the Târgu Mureș Social Assistance Directorate, with the aim of ensuring the implementation of social policies in the field of child, family, elderly, disabled and other persons, groups or communities in social need.
The institution is located in Târgu Mureș, Gheorghe Doja Street, no. 9, jud. Mureș.
In the implementation of social policies, the Social Assistance Directorate of Targu Mures performs the following functions:
- to carry out social diagnosis at the level of the administrative-territorial unit concerned, by assessing the social needs of the community, carrying out surveys and social inquiries, harnessing the potential of the community in order to prevent and detect early situations of neglect, abuse, abandonment, violence, cases of risk of social exclusion, etc..;
- coordinating measures to prevent and combat situations of marginalisation and social exclusion in which certain groups or communities may find themselves;
- strategy, which ensures the development of the social services development strategy and the annual action plan, which it submits to the local council for approval;
- implementation, by providing the human, material and financial means necessary for the delivery of social assistance benefits and social services;
- managing the financial, material and human resources at its disposal;
- communication and collaboration with the deconcentrated public services of ministries and other central public administration authorities, with other institutions with responsibilities in the field of social assistance, with local public social assistance services in other administrative-territorial units, with representatives of private providers of social services, and with beneficiaries;
- promoting human rights, a positive image of individuals, families, vulnerable groups;
- representing the administrative-territorial unit in the field of social assistance.
The role of the Tirgu Mures Social Assistance Department is to identify and solve the social problems of the community in the field of protection of the elderly, disabled, children, families, single people, homeless people and any person in need.
The organizational structure of the Social Assistance Department of Targu Mures includes:
- Deputy Executive Director
- Financial/Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Strategies and Programme Implementation Service
- Special Protection Service
- Social Protection Service
- Night Shelter
- Roma Assistance Department
- "Rosemary" Day Centre
- 112 Integrated Emergency Dispatcher