Târgu Mureș, 17.07.2023
Every child in kindergarten - Social vouchers for pre-school children from disadvantaged families in the Municipality of Targu Mures
Increasing access to education for children from disadvantaged families, starting with early education, in order to reduce educational gaps and school drop-out, to increase the number of school leavers and to give all children the chance to become active citizens contributing to the development of society is a general interest of all social actors and institutions with responsibilities in this field.
To this end, The Social Assistance Department of Targu Mures grants, every school year, educational incentive in the form of social vouchers for kindergarten, according to Law No 248/2015 on the stimulation of participation in pre-school education of children from disadvantaged families, as amended and supplemented.
We would like to mention that from the beginning of 2023 until June 2023, the Directorate has granted 282 social vouchers for kindergarten.
The social benefit is granted at the request of one of the parents, the child's legal representative or, where applicable, the person designated by the parent to support the child, during the absence of the parents, provided that the following conditions are cumulatively met criteria:
- The child is enrolled in an educational establishment in accordance with the National Education Law No 1/2011, as amended;
- The monthly income per family member is up to 634 lei (maximum income level for the family support allowance);
- Regular attendance at kindergarten of children from beneficiary families (except for excused absences, provided these do not exceed 50% of kindergarten days).
Social vouchers for kindergarten are granted monthly from September to June (including holidays and days off granted by law), the nominal value of a voucher is 120 lei/month.. To avoid losing this financial aid, children must attend kindergarten every day. These vouchers can only be used to purchase products needed by pre-school children: food, hygiene products, clothing, shoes, school supplies and school items.
- Application - Affidavit;
- I/C.I./C.I.P. of the holder and family members (original and xerox copy);
- Children's birth certificates (original and xerox copy);
- Marriage certificate (original and xerox copy);
- Certificate issued by the kindergarten;
- Statement showing the net income earned in the month prior to the application by employed persons + no. and value of meal vouchers if applicable;
- Tax certificate for persons over 18, once a year;
- Certificate from the Agricultural Register of the Târgu Mureș City Hall;
- Allowance coupon;
- Other documents as appropriate.
The above-mentioned documents are to be submitted at the Social Assistance Department Târgu Mureș, Gheorghe Doja Street, no. 9, room 8, ground floor (working hours with the public: Monday-Friday 08:00-12:00, Tuesday and Thursday 14:00-16:00) or in electronic format by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this educational incentive in the form of social vouchers for kindergarten is granted only to preschool children from disadvantaged families in the Municipality of Targu Mures.
Further information can be found on the DAS Târgu Mureș website https://dastgmures.ro/, section Social Assistance Benefits or at the phone number 0365/430859 - Social Assistance Department Târgu Mureș.
Târgu Mureș Social Assistance Department