The milk powder is provided free of charge according to the provisions of Law no. 321/2001 on the free provision of milk powder for children aged 0-12 months who do not receive breast milk and Order no. 1.253/2006 approving the methodological rules for the application of Law no. 321/2001 on the free provision of milk powder for children aged 0-12 months who do not receive breast milk.
The prescription of infant formula milk powder, which is provided free of charge for children aged 0 to 12 months, who do not receive breast milk and who meet the criteria for granting it, is made on a Ministry of Health prescription and must include the following information: name of the doctor's surgery, the child's identification data (surname, first name, CNP, age), the criteria for inclusion in the programme, the number of the consultation form/consultation register, the diagnosis "artificially or mixed fed", the name of the milk powder indicated and the quantity recommended, the date of prescription, the doctor's signature and initials.
The medical prescription for the provision of milk powder is valid for the current month.
Children aged 0-12 months who do not receive breast milk and who meet the criteria set out in Ord. MS/ MAI no. 380/106/2011:
1. Children with mothers who have contraindications to breastfeeding (serious illnesses: Active pulmonary TB, neoplasia, cachexia, septicaemia, severe mental illness, epilepsy, eclampsia, multiple sclerosis, renal, hepatic or cardiac insufficiency, decompensated diabetes mellitus, thyrotoxicosis, HIV-infected mother, treatment with cytostatics, diazepines, anticonvulsants, anticoagulants, radioisotopes, drug use or alcohol addiction, tobacco causing intoxication of the child);
2.Healthy children with unsatisfactory growth (below the lower limit of normal age) due to absence of breast milk. The unsatisfactory growth of the child will be recorded in the child's medical record, after assessment of the breastfeeding technique and weight curve by the family doctor/pediatrician or neonatologist. The decision to grant formula milk is taken only if one of the following conditions is met:
- The baby has not regained its birth weight after two weeks of life;
- Children aged 0 - 8 months gain less than 500 g/month;
- Children over 8 months of age gain less than 250g/month.
3. Adopted or foster child;
4. Child with deceased mother.
- Identity card of the legal representative in original;
- Medical prescription- is the medical document on the basis of which the beneficiaries' relatives can pick up from DAS Targu Mures the milk powder for children aged 0-12 months, issued by the family doctor, which is made on prescription type Ministry of Health, is valid for the current month and includes mandatory:
- the name of the medical practice;
- the child's identification data (name, surname, ID card, age of the child);
- the eligibility criterion for the programme;
- the number of the consultation sheet/consultation register;
- the diagnosis "artificially fed or mixed";
- the name of the milk powder indicated and the recommended quantity;
- date of prescription, signature and doctor's stamp.
The milk powder boxes are collected by the legal representative of the children who meet the above mentioned criteria, based on a medical prescription, from the Social Welfare Department of Târgu Mureș, Gheorghe Doja Street, nr. 9, room 9.