Târgu Mureș, 14.03.2023
NOTICE concerning the obligations of parents who are leaving/are away to work abroad
In accordance with the provisions of Law no. 272/2004 on the protection and promotion of children's rights, republished, persons who have minor children in their care and wish to go abroad to work, are obliged to notify this intention to the Social Assistance Directorate of Targu Mures, with at least 40 days before leaving the country and designate a person to take care of them. It is also compulsory to designate the person who will take care of the child/children during the absence of the parents or guardian, if applicable.
The designated person must be a member of the extended family, i.e. a relative up to and including the fourth degree, at least 18 years of age, and meet the material conditions and moral guarantees necessary for the upbringing and care of a child.
Confirmation of the person to whom the child will remain in care is made by the guardianship court. The agreement of the designated person shall be expressed by that person in person before the court.
In view of the above, persons notifying the intention to go abroad for work, shall submit to the Social Assistance Department of Targu Mures, Gheorghe Doja Street, no. 9, ground floor, room 8 (Registry Office) or by e-mail to: email@example.com following documents:
- Notification (model declaration), which can be found on the website dastgmures.ro, Section Social Welfare Services - Protection of children with parents working abroad or by clicking on the link: https://dastgmures.ro/servicii-de-asistenta-sociala/protectia-copilului-si-a-familiei/protectia-copilului-cu-parinti-plecati-la-munca-in-strainatate/;
- Copy of the identity card of the parent(s) going abroad;
- Copy of the identity card of the person in whose care the child/children are staying;
- Copy of birth certificate and ID card for child/children;
- Court order on temporary delegation of parental authority (if applicable);
- Proof that the parent concerned exercises parental authority alone (copy of final and irrevocable divorce decree, copy of death certificate of the other parent), if applicable.
The person in charge of the upbringing and care of a child with parent/parents working abroad is obliged to provide DAS Târgu Mureș with all the data and information he/she has on the address where the parents can be contacted abroad and to prove that he/she is in contact with them.
Why is it good for the parent/parents to notify DAS Târgu Mureș about going abroad to work?
- DAS Targu Mures constantly monitors the care, education and normal development of children left at home; the protection of children's rights; the prevention of risk situations; the monitoring of the school situation; the provision of medical assistance, as well as the provision of emotional support in the absence of the parent, while collaborating with teachers, psychologists, family doctors, police, etc., all for the safety of the child/children during the period when the parent/parents are working abroad.
Parents who do not notify the authorities of their intention to work abroad risk being fined between 500 and 1,000 lei.
Târgu Mureș Social Assistance Department